Role: Van driver
Where: Ryedale Foodbank, 7A Howe Road, Norton
When: Wednesday mornings
Time commitment: 09:15 – 12:00
Main contact: Foodbank Manager
Overview of the role: Foodbanks provide food parcels for people in crisis, working in partnership with organisations across the community. Van drivers play a fundamental role in the running of the food bank, collecting food donations from a variety of locations across the local area as well as distributing the sorted donations from the warehouse to the local food bank centres.
- Collecting food donations from collection points such as supermarkets, schools and churches around the local area.
- Delivering food donations to the warehouse.
- Transporting sorted food from the warehouse to the local food bank centre.
- Carrying heavy boxes of canned foods.
- Regular loading and unloading of the van.
- Regular van driving across the local area of Ryedale.
- Clean driving licence.
- Physically strong.
- Confident driver.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Personable and committed.
- You will need to comply with the Driving policy of the food bank.
Benefits of volunteering
- A chance to meet new people.
- Contribute to your local community.
- Build your confidence and feel a sense of purpose.
Impact of your role
- We appreciate the knowledge, skills and experience that you bring.
- You will directly improve the efficiency of the foodbank.
- You will help to maximise donations by ensuring food is collected promptly.
You will be given all of the required training and support before starting your role.
You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering. Your main contact will be Ryedale Foodbank Manager – Angie Eccles.
Please contact [email protected] for an application form.